Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Challenge!!!

I have set so many New Year’s resolutions to loose weight, eat better, and be more active. Not only have I failed to keep those resolutions but, especially in the last year, I have become even more complacent with my health and wellness. I am sure some of you out there can relate. When I think about the factors that contribute to my failure to keep my resolutions, there are three things that come to mind: (1) lack of accountability, (2) lack of motivation, (3) lack of support, and (4) lack of time.

I have a friend who is organizing a New Year’s weight loss challenge. She and a groups of friends will all contribute $20 to a winner’s fund and spend the next six months working together to keep their New Year’s resolutions to loose weight. During the six months, the groups will participate in blog discussions on health-related issues in an effort to provide one another with tips on staying fit with busy schedules, tight budgets, etc. At the end of this six months, the winner of the challenge will receive all funds contributed.

Sounds like a great idea, doesn’t it? I thought so. Unfortunately, being that this challenge is happening in Louisiana, I cannot participate. So I would like to organize something similar here. Who is with me? Who wants to make changes that will not only benefit themselves but their loves ones? Who is willing to accept the challenge to loose weight and work towards a healthier life style AND put their money on it? The more participants, the more support, and the bigger the prize!

Who ever is interested should either respond to this post or email me at Christiane.Reeves@ucdenver.edu in the next week. From there, we will set a time and date to meet, weigh in, and discuss logistics. Additionally, if anyone has “expertise” related to health and wellness that they would like to contribute to this endeavor, tell us about it! Perhaps we can feature you in a blog post or have you host an in-person meeting. We will need all the help we can get.

Best wishes for you and yours in the New Year!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment